Saturday, July 21, 2007

Bethesda Fountain


Anyone who knows me would know that I have a soft spot for Central Park. It is to my belief that every New Yorker should, and not surprisingly, most do. Its lush landscaping and picturesque settings are simply inspiring, and therefore, Central Park will be the focus of my inspiration for this post. Directly on The Lake, is Bethesda Fountain - a beautiful scene that we should all be familiar with. Now while I do not go there with a pad and pen for writing, it is unmistakable that a trip to this fountain will allow you to feel inspiration literally seep into your pores and travel through your veins. I recommend going to Bethesda Fountain in the Autumn, perhaps even Winter, because that is when it can be appreciated the most. You may ask what the purpose of a fountain with no spurting water is, but just trust me. A trip in the Fall will make you smile.

No comments: