Friday, November 14, 2008

Parents League Talk


I had the pleasure of lecturing and discussing "How to Inspire the Writer Within Your Child" with the Parents League community yesterday.

The best part: addressing parents as allies in their children's empowerment. As I am in the process of writing a book on the topic (re: parents' potential positive role in kids' writing processes), the public discourse was especially meaningful. Thank you so much Lois Blumka for the opportunity.

The event was held at a fabulous venue: The Philosophy Day School at 12 East 79th Street.

3 comments:

Gary said...

I commend those involved in guiding these young minds in developing their inspirational creativity.

For most of my life I've been involved in writing in one form or another and, at times, have felt the rawness accompanying discouragement.

My advise: work hard, believe in yourself and if a piece of composition doesn't work out, try again. Never give up. Hidden within each person is an innate talent ready to surface when you least expect it.

Lastly, relax, and let your mind flow.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

Gary

agent007alex said...

Gary said...
I commend those involved in guiding these young minds in developing their inspirational creativity.

agent007alex said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.